Friday, April 4, 2008

Worst Final Four EVER

Sorry for the lack of posting these days. Lets just say the baseball team has me uninspired after seeing them loose to Southern Miss. and I was afraid to jinx the NIT run.

But the even bigger reason, this has been the least fun and inspiring NCAA tournament I can remember. Of course my bracket's alright with two of the final four but whose bracket isn't? You'd have to pick Winthrop or Mississippi State to win the tournament to be in trouble now. Which is of course what the Wookiedog and The Lady Wookie did. It takes all the fun out of the tourney when you don't have the big underdogs and upsets. I'm not asking for a George Mason run of awesomeness every year. But is it too much to ask for a three seed to make the final four? A two seed? All four number ones just rewards the Nancy's that won't pick a single upset. This is what leads to the secretary's who know nothing about basketball winning tournament pools. But apparently not those in the Public Relations field.

The only thing that saved this year was Davidson's run to the Elite Eight.
And for the record my Final Four picks were UCLA, Kansas, Louisville (almost) and Stanford (d'oh) with UCLA winning it all. I'll go ahead and jinx that and stay with UCLA.