Friday, August 17, 2007

My All Time Favorite Rebel Team

While reviewing some old media guides this summer I decided to go through and pick out who would make my all time favorite team. This is not as simple as picking a favorite year but picking different players over my career of following the Rebels. Naturally the players will have a little post 1990 feel to them since anything before that was a little before my time. I loved Rebel football in the 80's but I couldn't tell you the name of every player back then. Now every member of the elusive G.I. Joe roster I would have been on top of that.

One major caveat is that this is my favorite Rebels. Not necessarily the best of this era. Obviously good play on the field helps ender one so that this team would still win a lot of games. I also decided to employ a 3-4-4 defense because my favorite players dictated such.

SPECIAL TEAMS
Kick Returner - John Avery
Place Kicker - Les Binkley
Punter -
Long Snapper - A.J. Kiamie














DEFENSE
Defensive End - Marcus Tillman
Defensive Tackle - Kendrick Clancy
Nose Tackle - Kenny Jackson












Linebacker - Abdul Jackson
Linebacker - Nate Wayne
Linebacker - Eddie Strong
Linebacker - Patrick Willis














Defensive Back - Syniker Taylor
Defensive Back - Kenny Woods
Defensive Back - Ken Lucas
Defensive Back - Alundis Brice











Nickel Back - Terrell Jackson
Backup Linebacker - Justin Wade
Backup Lineman - Norman Hand










OFFENSE
Wide Receiver - Kerry Johnson
Wide Receiver - Corey Peterson
Wide Receiver - Ta'Boris Fisher
Tight End - Rufus French












Right Offensive Tackle - Todd Wade
Left Offensive Tackle - Terrence Metcalf
Right Offensive Guard - German Bello
Left Offensive Guard - Doug Buckles
Center - Matt Luke













Fullback - Charles Stackhouse
Running Back - Deuce McAllister
Quarterback - Eli Manning













Backup Receiver - Chris Collins
Backup Center - Andrew "Hacksaw" Wicker
Backup Guard - Marcus Johnson
Backup Tackle - Belton Johnson
Backup Tight End - Wesley Walls
Backup Running Back - Dou Innocent
Backup Quarterback - Stewart Patridge





No comments: